Friday, 29 July 2011

What defines you?

What or who am I? 

I am a child of the King, a  daughter of heaven - something that shapes how I act and react.  I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, I believe he died for MY sins and rose again that I might have eternal life with Him.  I don't get it right all the time, or even most of the time - I sin and sin again - what amazing grace we do find however in the refuge of Christ.

 I am a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a niece.  I was a girlfriend, fiancee and now a wife.  I am a help-meet, a partner.  I want to be the Proverbs 31 woman ... I want to be a blessing to my man.

I was a secondary school teacher - now I'm a stay at home mum, a home manager, the CEO of my husband's house.  I found out that trying to do a job outside the home, while amazingly wonderful, didn't work. 


I'm a mama to four amazing little people - sometimes they drive me absolutly bonkers, but mostly they teach me while I'm meant to be teaching them.  They make me realise that really, I don't know that much after all.  That there is beauty in the smallest things.  That the tiniest gummy smile will wipe away tiredness and you can keep on going - even when you think you can't. 

I am a friend on the end of a telephone, on the otherside of a computer screen.  I love how technology has enabled me to meet, virtually in some cases, amazing women of strength.  I appreciate how both my non-virtual and virtual friends are there for me ... and wish I could do more for them.

I'm a knitter ... I make things for the four wee people.  I love this craft.  I wish to be a sewer, but that isn't going to happen soon.  I used to scrapbook, but the budget took over.  I bake and cook.  I love baking and cooking - come around for tea and I'll share!

Sometimes I read books.  Mostly I just read blogs these days.  Oh ... and I'm attempting to do more of that, blogging, but that all depends on the breaks in my day and what needs to get done first.   And right now, I need to go and be a cook and made some soup for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...