I'm having a few minutes to actually sit down and get some thoughtful typing done. Life has been knocking me about a bit - but I am so thankful for those
people in my life, some whom I haven't even met in person who have been
supporting me. I've chatted to a dr. about PND and we have a support
system ready to go if I feel I need it. I'm currently feeling more 'up'
than 'down' - it's kinda hard to describe ... but the major mood swings
and a few other things worried me enough that I decided it was time to
get some professional help. I'm no good to myself, my husband, my kids
or my friends if I have a total meltdown.
On the sunny side of life, the weather has really picked up, which may have helped the sunshine mood the last few days. Where we are it is super windy (as in too windy almost to hang wash) - but has been helping things dry out, so not so much mud about the place. The kids can almost go outside without being bundled up like a snow bunny - although rain pants are still practical in terms of the mud/dirt playing that goes one.
| Sourc |
The biggest child is about to turn 5 (WHERE DID THE TIME GO?????). We're waiting with school for him until we know where we'll be living. I like both of the schools that are close to the possible new job options, so I'm not to worried about that. He's super excited about turning 5 - can't wait to head to school. He's a social wee man, so I'm not to stressed about him finding and making new friends. He has asked for a helicopter cake for his birthday - so that will be a fun make.
The wee girl has just gone 6 weeks - she's got reflux, and if she isn't sleeping or eating or being held by me, she pretty much cries. That is hard. Actually, it's very hard. I have another doctor's appointment for her next week - so if things haven't turned a corner we'll talk about some other ideas. Thankfully she now takes a dummy, so that has helped the crying a bit - I may had to bite the bullet and cut dairy myself and see if that makes any difference at all.
The last but one is finally walking ... he's loving getting around faster, and especially enjoys joining the big kids outside. The big girl (well, 3 in december, so not that big) is my baking buddy, and the nearly 4yr old is our pickpocket ... all the toys end up in his pockets or up his bunk, amusing for the most part, until you find out he's pocketed little things of ours he's found here and there.
Right, I'm off to top up the wee miss and then hopefully she'll do a good stretch of sleep and I'm going to have a catch up nap as well.
Love you Anneke. So glad you're taking good steps to care for yourself as well. It's hard not to feel selfish when we take time for ourselves, but as I read somewhere the other day, we ensure that everyone else's needs are met (husband and children) and we need to do the same for ourselves. We will continue to pray for these CV's you've put in.
ReplyDeleteSorry to read that things have been so hard for you lately xxx Reflux is a real bitch, and I felt like it made me into a real bitch too having a baby who cried all the time (scuse language!) I really do recommend medication for it, you honestly won't believe the difference. and yes FIVE, I can't believe our boys are so big, seems like only yesterday they were tinsy!
ReplyDelete