Friday, 28 June 2013

Saturday

How you can tell it's a Saturday in our house .... everyone (minus the adult who gets to sleep in) is up and awake by 5.30.  I'm sure in some households with young kids it's the same story.

This morning I'm excited because once I've cleaned up - and providing the kids are happy to play - I'm going to get some sewing done.  It's a fine line between it being economical to be honest.  I wanted to make some leggings that fitted well for Miss 3.  The material was $23 a meter (probably cheaper if we had a spotlight around) - and I should get at least two pairs for her from that.  I did buy a pattern that also had a skirt and top in it, just because when I'm remaking my old clothes I've been having a bit of trouble with the arms, so wanted to get a handle on that.  Am hoping I'll get a top out of the metre as well, but that could be pushing it.  If not, I should get a pair of leggings for the baby (she's still a baby at 11 months right?).  So at least three pairs of leggings.  It is thicker knit than if I'd bought them from somewhere like T&T but it is no wonder sewing goes out the window in favor of bought goods sometime. 

Lucky for me, I like sewing and as long as it is even with or less than the shop prices I can justify it.  Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...