Funny how life works, I just read a blog post written by an old school friend of mine that I haven't seen for over 10 years, and she writes with amazing truth and honesty ... and I would like to try and add some more thoughts along a somewhat similar, yet different, vein.
We all have curves, we're all cuddly. I read somewhere that some of us are just more cuddly than others. It was of course referring to weight. I have always been the 'skinny' one - yet I still struggle with how I see myself in the mirror. I look at the muffin top, the thighs, the small chest - and I struggle with discontentment. I struggle with seeing myself, no longer as an 15 year old who didn't have to contend with weight (well, didn't really worry about it AS much) but as a nearly 30 year old who actually has to do some work to maintain a healthy weight. What I forget to see is that my nearly 30 year old body has hit curves along the way that have created the curves it has ...
Curves you ask? What are curves? Curves to me are anything that has shaped you, it could be things that have shaped you emotionally, it could be events that have shaped you physically. It is things that have happened in our lives that have impacted us and molded us. It could be the death of a loved one, it could have been experiences that have changed how we see the world. The birth of children is another event that adds curves to our bodies - curves I in retrospect want to start celebrating rather than removing ...
Anyway ... it is late, my typing is turning to custard, so curves part three later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message ...