Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Celebrating Life

Sunday school activity on Palm Sunday ... we made donkeys (I know, these do look slightly more like rabbits)
My biggest boy went for a sleepover at my friends, when we came to pick him up, he's been busy in her garden, picking me the most beautiful bunch of flowers ever.  I missed him so much (and it was only one night) - he has a gentle, caring heart and brings me smiles everytime we chat.
Easter Sunday celebratory cake ... I am making this a tradition in our house.  We are big on birthday cakes (as in, I love to make and decorate them, something special I can do for the kids and DH) so I thought this is another wonderful occasion where we can celebrate - the most amazing gift of all, Jesus becoming our Righteousness.
Yip, it's 5.30am and I am making a conscious choice to celebrate life rather than get bogged down in the fact I've been awake for far too long and have a full day ahead of us.  I'm a bit slack with posting pictures of what we get up to, mainly because this blog isn't all about my (totally biased opinion) cute kids or what they're up too, but seems to be about me having a space to express my thoughts and feelings.  Hopefully will update family blog with more cute pictures soon.

Sometimes it is hard to celebrate life.  Right now we're nearly at the end of week six of DH being home with us, which is wonderful - but also means we're heading quickly into the realm of unemployed.  Scary - much, especially when we start looking at what rentals are around and available, can have pets etc.  BUT ...we still have cause to celebrate and rejoice.  We have just passed the calender time to remember and celebrate Easter, when Jesus, the very Son of God, who came freely to this earth, satisfied God's justice in His own sacrifice.  He was broken and bruised that we might be healed - physically and spiritually. 

As I find myself struggling with not knowing, uncertainty and waiting, and (let's be honest here) snapping at the very ones I love because things haven't happened yet, or things aren't happening as I want them too - I try to remind myself that every day has an apsect in it that we can  rejoice about .. every situation is going to give us cause for rejoicing, even if it is going to be in the future when we see what the cause for rejoicing is.  That's where the prior photos come in - some of the little things that I have been rejoicing and celebrating.

Today - I'm rejoicing in the fact I get to catch up with a friend for morning tea.  The kids went to bed excited because they get to play with friends.  I'm rejoicing in the fact that though it's early, I have things that I can do in the quiet.  I have food in my kitchen that I will go and prepare so dinner is ready when we get home from town.  I have a DH tucked up sleeping in bed, as opposed to knowing he's off fighting on the other side of the world.  I have four wee souls who despite my shortcomings - think I am the world.  I have a wee one inside of me, wide awake and kicking about  ... and the list could go on.  I cannot but rejoice ... this is the day the LORD has made, let me rejoice and be glad in it. 

Deuteronomy 26:10-12

 11 So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who is among you.
 

Psalm 5:10-12

11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

A Hymn of Faith

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God[a] is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...