Definition of FAITHFUL
2
: steadfast in affection or allegiance : loyal
3
: firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty : conscientious
4
: given with strong assurance : binding <a faithful promise>
5
: true to the facts, to a standard, or to an original <a faithful copy>
— faith·ful·ly adverb
— faith·ful·ness noun
A faithful Heavenly Father and God is what I (and we as a family) have experienced this week. I am taking the time to dwell and meditate on these verses (especially the highlighted words) in relation to my week so far:
Psalm 37
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
There are two stories from this week that I want to share with you ... First, on Sunday morning I was talking to my DH about the kids clothes, the fact that B needed some more long-sleeve tops, and G needed some long pants. Later that day, I received message via Facebook from an accquanitance that she had a bag of clothes for my boys, would I like them. Yes Please!! This wonderful lady blessed our family with what I would call a HUGE bag of clothes that arrived Tuesday lunchtime. And ... you guessed it, inside, JUST what my boys needed - long-sleeve tops and long pants along with two wonderfully warm winter coats.
The next story isn't so nice (well, from a human persepctive I guess) but after being shortlisted we missed the cut for another job.
However ... what this week has taught me is that if God is so amazingly faithful in the little things, right down to knowing what is in my kids cupboards and supplying that need - how much more does He know the hidden or spoken desires of our heart ... and He will bring it to pass. Maybe not in our timing - maybe not in our way - BUT He will bring it to pass. My personal faith was strengthened through the practical gift given to our family this week. I am going to bring to recollection, remind myself, remember and FEED on the faithfulness of God. He does indeed supply all our needs.
| Source |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message ...