Saturday, 7 July 2012

Sunday Thoughts


Source for image


Something I read this morning left an interesting thought in my mind.  We have a choice in our lives, we can choose to focus on all the failures in our lives and how we may not be the perfect witness of a walk with God, and how our actions and choices may 'grieve' God OR we can turn that around and claim the promises of God in our lives and live out of that faith and knowledge.  To be honest I think I would rather focus on the second part because when I focus on myself and my shortcomings (which I am in no way dismissing completely) , I miss the wondrous glory and complete sacrifice of Jesus for me on the Cross.    

One of the questions I read was 'what is it to walk with God?' - I would respond by using the words of another author "Trust in Jesus. Bet your life on Him. Take the crown off your head and lay it at His feet. Choose to believe what the Bible says about Him, that He died for the sins of the world – including yours – and rose victorious from the dead. Let others know that He is your Redeemer and King. Ask Him to fill you with His Spirit that you might know Him more." This author lists some key promises and blessings that we can claim ... and claim them I am!!!  When I am walking in faith, I am not having to " work hard to rescue myself.   The good news is that God himself has rescued me and qualified meand brought me nto the kingdom of the Son he loves (Col 1:12). God looks at you clothed with Christ and says, “you are worthy and your deeds are perfectly complete!” (Paul Ellis 11/4/2010)

 Here are some verses that I have been led to today regarding our righteousness only coming from Christ Jesus and being fully imparted to us ...

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

 2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

 Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

 Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

 “The Holy Spirit never convicts (Christians) of your sins. He never comes to point out your faults…. It does not take a revelation from the Holy Spirit to see that you have failed. However, when you know that you’ve failed what you do need is for the Holy Spirit to convict you of your righteousness.” (p.135 -  Destined to Reign, Joseph Prince)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...