Sunday, 9 June 2013

We did it!

My DH came back yesterday with our eldest from a week-long camp at the very top of the North Island.  The whole school went - it was an amazing experience from the sounds of it - and while currently all pictures are residing on DH's cell-phone, I will try and post some later.  They left very early on Tuesday morning, driving to Wellington, flying to Auckland, then driving to Piahia - with the reverse on Saturday - arriving home at 9.30pm.  Yip - long trip for a wee five year old, but seeing his face glow - despite the fact he managed to get an ear infection on the trip - and hearing DH's excited report - totally worth it. 

And as for me - well, with the help of my friends and Mum - I survived a week at home with the four wee ones.  Thankfully there was only one really manky night - and the next day I had an extra pair of hands around.

While we were flying solo we visited a friend for the night with the munchkins - that was a first.  It went pretty well, after a room switch at 10pm they all slept for most of the night. I am so thankful for friends who are happy to host us, it's a big ask (well in my eyes anyways) ... with a whole bunch of inquisitive, touching preschoolers - it's pretty full on.  Our amazing nanny came out for two days while DH was away as well, which meant one day I could zap into town and do all the town things - including picking up some new curtains and a feeding chair (thank you Salvation Army and Savemart) for the girls room.  The two girls are now together and the three boys are together.   We decided to go for a second cot instead of bunks, as for now Mr.2 can stay in the cot for awhile, he's sleeping well in it - so why stuff up a good thing.  Missy needed to move from the portacot into a cot (weight/sitting up etc) and I wanted the little enclave where she was sleeping back as the toy area to tidy up the lounge.  So, up went the new pink and purple curtains (replacing plain navy ones) - since the room is painted an icy light blue (such a cold color) the new curtains have already warmed the room up.  Once I either find my sewing machine pedal foot (honestly, some elf has taken it - I've searched everywhere) or get into crocheting I'll do a set of bright bunting to go on the walls.  They're still getting used to each other's noises at night - but hopefully within a couple of weeks I may get some good stretches out of the littlest one.

That's about it from this end. My time-wasting thing at the moment if Farmville2 - so if you want to be my friend on there ... feel free to let me know :-)  Speaking of time ... I'm going to attempt an early night ...

Blessings to all!!

1 comment:

  1. I was remembering you, so glad it went okay!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...