Wednesday, 18 December 2013

KIWI MUMMY BLOGS: REVIEW – BABY BELLY BUTTONS

. 


KIWI MUMMY BLOGS: REVIEW – BABY BELLY BUTTONS
I was lucky enough to be chosen to review a “Baby Belly Button”  via Kiwi Mummy Blogs which I was able to on-gift to two friends (one due Jan, one due March) who will try out it’s practicality and I’ll report back then as well J.   It is always great to be able to gift on products that our usual budget wouldn’t cater for – thank you KMM and Baby Belly Buttons!
So … the Nitti gritty details …
This is a fun and unique  idea where you can “create a unique memento of your baby's first moment on earth with a Baby Belly Button and add style to your baby's umbilical clamp.”  You can choose from a variety of colours and styles and what I liked best was that for those of us who didn’t find out baby’s gender, there were still lots of options.
I had a bit of a fiddle with the clip, and it is clean, tidy, sturdy and would nicely cover that hospital yellow clamp with a bit of bling.   Order it (they promise delivery within 7-10 days) ; pop it into the hospital bag and once bubba has arrived, it can be simply clipped onto the clamp – easy peasy – and it doesn’t add much bulk to the clamp, so shouldn’t get in the way of the newborn nappy either.




The part I liked best was the presentation box.  I don’t know about you – but in my keepsake box I have five yellow (probably eew gross by now) clamps sitting somewhere at the bottom.  This clip is packaged in a small box (7cm by 5cm approx.) that magnetically holds shut, and the clip is cushioned inside.  GREAT presentation – especially if you are buying one to on-gift,  or are planning on popping it into that memento box.



KIWI MADE – this was the biggest HUGE incentive for me as it is something I look for when  gifting or ordering anything baby related.   I love buying and supporting NZ business (especially smaller ones) and the Baby Belly Buttons are made right here in NZ out of safe, non-toxic materials. 
Price range:  Above $29
If you are very sentimental, a hoarder or want a gift that is out of the box – then this is the product for you (or if your loved one is one of the above).    



I probably wouldn’t get it if I wasn’t one of the above – as the price range would limit me personally.  My product also came with a pen (VERY handy to have in the hospital bag) and a bookmark with a list of hospital essentials for mum/dad to check off (and the list was nice and sensible, no namby pamby suggestions) – little extras any new parent would appreciate. 

ps ... Cuddly toy is my daughter's ... Thought it would make a cute photo!


Kiwi Mummy Blogs

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great! I wanted to keep my bubs clamp, but it was just so ugly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has your friend now had the baby as you said in the above blog, did they like the Baby Belly Button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friends found it funky looking - one forgot to pack it (oops) so it didn't get used. The other used it, and said the best part was the box it came in. She found it a little on the big side, but said for a parent who is very much into keeping things, it wasn't that big that they would be put off.

      Delete

Leave me a message ...