Monday, 12 March 2012

My Identity

I've gotten a new  Bible ... and am so grateful that along with the new Bible the LORD is giving me a new understanding and appreciation of His words.  Sometimes I read something and am like - whoa - I'm sure I didn't read that 10 years ago (or even 10 months ago) ... praise His name!!!

Anyways, it has some really insightful tables and comments and all that sort of study type stuff.  But I would love to share something with you ... As a child of God ... claim these promises for yourself - and if you cannot yet say with full confidence you are a child of God, I pray that He will show you His Father heart and work within you to make clear the amazing grace of Christ and the wonder and beauty of His redeeming work for us.

You are:
Chosen of God                                                              Eph 1:4
Adopted of God                                                            Eph 1:5
A child of God in his family                                            1 John 3:1
Forgiven of God for all your sins                                    1 John 1:9
Reconciled to God, in harmony with Him                        Rom 5:10
Seen by God as holy, blameless, above reproach            Col 1:21,22
Sealed with God's Holy Spirit                                         Eph 1:13
Called to accomplish God's purpose                               Rom :28,30
A full citizen among Go'ds people                                   Eph 2:19
Justified - declared righteous in God's sight                     Rom 5:1
Santified - set apart by God's spirit                                 1 Cor 6:11
Redeemed - bought with Christ's blood                           Eph 1:7
Cleaned by Christ's blood for all my sin                           1 John 1:7
An heir of God and joint-heir with Christ                         Rom 8:16,17
Complete in Christ                                                          Col 2:10
An ambassador for Christ                                               2 Cor 5:20
Being conformed to the character of Christ                      Rom 8:29

Wow - totally amazing ... He is working in us to create this identity for us ... Praise the Lord for a new week, new mercies every morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...