Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Tick Tock

Yip ... it's town day again, and for some reason my body thinks wake up time on town day is pre-5am.  The littlest one just had a bottle, so I've decided to use the time before I can venture back into the kitchen/living room (where he sleeps at night) to catch up on some typing, emails, and general other jobs that can be done with minimal light :-)

Life is ticking along ... faith and trust are huge aspects of our lives at the moment, and it is something that is hard to explain to many people.  Actually, to be honest, it is hard to live some days as well, but we live knowing that we are called to fight the good fight of faith - and that the one who accuses us of unbelief has been defeated at the cross.  He is a lion roaring without teeth, and we will refuse to be gummed to death in fear.  Am I not fearful then?  No, at times my faith wavers, sometimes a lot, but I am claiming the promises of God.  He has promised that he will give us ALL GOOD THINGS in His time.

Some say but what? but what if? but how come you haven't? what about if you have to?  You have X number of kids and you're not ... fill in the gaps.  I know people's intentions are well meaning - but I am still going to lay hold of complete faith.  Our God has never failed us and while the path He leads us on may include valley's and shadows, He leads us through them.  He will provide - and we will accept and honor His provision.

I am claiming the armor of God in my life. 
I am a caterpillar that has been changed through Christ's blood into a butterfly.  I cannot go back. 
I am the righteousness of God in Christ. 


Romans 5: 17 Those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ

We will reign in life ... Christ will provide all the needs (and note, it is needs, not wants) of our life.  And you know what - He will do this in YOUR life too.  You may have similar or different needs.  They may be big or small in your own or others lives, but He will provide - not according to His poverty, but according to His riches.  Let us claim this in faith today.  Thank you LORD for the provision you already have in store for us.  Thank-you for the good night's sleep you have ahead for us.  Thank you for the job that is lying in wait for us.  Thank-you for the ... you fill it in.  Amen and Amen - so let it be.

Philippians 4:6 & 19  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; ...  And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anneke, that is really beautiful :) xo Free

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...