So .. it was a whole of lot fast happenings, mostly I remember just crying and telling DH I just wanted her here safe ... I was very scared of the epidural, but they didn't want to put me totally under - so I just had to suck it up and deal with it (ok, at the end of the day it is still something I would hate to repeat but I"ll chalk it up to experiences - like the New World ad, do something every day that scares you). There were lots of forms to sign (kinda hard when you have a lure in your hand and are contracting and in pain). I am really thankful we were in the hospital, I'm thankful for a calm midwife and DH.
Amazing things about her birth ... the same hospital midwife was on duty as has been on duty for all our children's births ... this to me is a total God thing. She only works 3 nights a week, and that night was her first night, so she was my midwife overnight for the next few nights as well. She is a friends Mum, and I've been so thankful she's been there with my own midwife for all the births.
Another God thing ... wee Missy was born on our friends birthday - super special ... we spent the night trying to call her as she was going to be at the birth, BUT couldn't get hold of her ... meant that she was able to be with me Sunday morning while DH went and had a rest and I have a trained nurse with me while the epidural wore off. She was also working afternoon shifts while I was in hospital, so could come over before and after her shifts. THANKYOU!!!
I'm thankful for many things surrounding this wee girls birth. People keep asking me if i'm sad I had a C-section. You know what ... NO i'm not. I'm not all like, yahoo that was an amazing thing - but at the end of the day Missy is here and safe and that is what counts, not whether or not she happened to exit via the vagina or a cut in my abdomen. I have a total awe for those who have had more than one C-section. If i have to compare it to my vaginal births, they were a walk in the park compared with this. Recovery is probably been the hardest, as we have four other wee ones, but my DH is amazing!!
Anyways, the Missy is sleeping, so I better as well ... more later!!
Congratulations. She's beautiful, just like her siblings.
ReplyDeleteFrank Breech, goodness I would have cried too after all that labour. So pleased that your wee girl has arrived safe and happy, it really is all we hope for isn't it! Awesome to hear you have lots of lovely support!
ReplyDelete