I'm a sucker for a seret Santa ... I love being able to buy or make something for someone and just pop it in the mail and know they'll love getting a surprise in the post.
One of the forums I belong to does this each Christmas time. This year I took part in a couple ... thought I would share what I was blesssed with.
One of my secret santas gifted me a photo frame with rustic farmy type
letters spelling out the word GRACE. This is a word that has had
amazing meaning for our family over the past year. It suits us perfectly and is hanging above the fireplace in the lounge. I popped the card that came with it on top, as I'm planning on framing that later as well and bringing it out each year, it's a work of art on it's own also.
The second swap was a homemade gift swap. This is only half the parcel (the bits I could collect this morning after my darlings had been helping me. The owl is a wheatie, which Miss 3 has adopted. I am thinking I might actually make some more similar - such a brilliant idea - to pop in the freezer over summer for bumps and bruises - much more fun that a packet of peas. The rose is a wee pin cushion, which despite all my sewing I didn't have. It is going to come in super handy. The sugary goodies were some peppermint fudge (not photo as I had kids trailing me and I didn't want to reveal it's hiding place) and some candy canes with a marshmallow on the end. There were three felt ornaments which are currently in B's bed (mine mama!!) and also an apron, christened the day it arrived and in the wash already.
Thank you to the amazing ladies and their families that have blessed and bought cheer to our house!!


How lovely! What a great idea. Funny about the pin cushion - I'm the same! After all my sewing, I still don't really have a pin cushion. Just this week actually, I found a small soft toy in the kids room and have christened it mine. They aren't too worried seeing it stuffed with pins, so that's good!
ReplyDelete