Thursday, 21 February 2013

Midnight Hours

According to my kitchen clock it is 0:38am.  I'm sitting here, giving it another ten minutes before I get comfy in bed again.  Just to make sure that baby girl is really and truly asleep.  We've got visitors staying with us, and while I'm not usually the CIO type anyways - because then we get the rest of the kidlets waking - so it's walk and rock and cuddle and snuggles.  I admit, I did (am?) grumble and growl abit ... but the more I think about it - she wants her Mama - and for the most part I'm ok with that .... right .... that was six minutes .... off to rock and cuddle some more - might be time for a different strategy and pop her into bed with me?  What do you do in these situations if you have a wee one .... if you don't have wee ones - what's your best fall back asleep technique for yourself in the middle of the night because now I'm wide awake :-)  Wonder if I should tackle the ironing?  That's a noiseless chore ....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anneke,
    Been remembering you with your busy house at the moment... hope that it is going well for the most part, and that you're able to deal with extra pressures (like night walks and cuddles) well.
    Grace for each day. x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...