Saturday, 10 August 2013

Nappy Review



With our eldest turning 6 in a couple of months, the baby just gone one and three in-between it is fair to say I’ve spent a lot of the last 5 years dealing with nappies.  We’ve tried the cheap disposables, the high-end marketed disposable, the old-fashioned flat-whites, the AIO, the wraps – basically – we’ve tried most of them.  However, I’m still in the market for a good cloth nappy that ticks the boxes of affordability, usability and most importantly LEAK-PROOF!!  I was stoked to be chosen to review the Bambino Miosolo nappy, through the Kiwi Bloggers Community.

For me the best part of this nappy was it’s versatility.  With adjustable poppers and Velcro fastenings I used it with success on a 3.5yr old, a two year old and an 11 month old – and they’re all very different sizes.  I can imagine that it would work well on a younger infant as well.  

After washing before use – it dried quickly on an airing rack next to the fire overnight, I used it first on the Miss 11 months.  The directions said to change after 2-3 hours – so I left it for the max and we had no leakage at all onto her clothing.  With Mr.2 (a  heavy wetter, also walking/playing as opposed to crawling) again, a full nappy, but no leakage (3hrs).  I used it on Miss 3.5 overnight, adding in one of my own boosters as I didn’t have any of their branded ones.  This was a great success, and I think I will try and get hold of a second one to use until she is over-night trained.  The inner layer stayed quite dry on her skin, and again, pj’s were dry.

The only issue I can possibly foresee is that a smart baby/toddle who isn’t wearing a domed crutch type singlet could easily pull the fastenings off – which if you’ve got a no.2 happening, could create an interesting art work.

Other than that … really stoked with being chosen to review this product – something I would recommend to a new mum considering doing cloth full-time.  It washes well, dries quickly and is simple and effective to use.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...