Monday, 31 October 2011

Back into it

There is something about the scent of a fresh morning that gets me every time.  The absolute stillness (on a non-windy day) the way the clouds are rolling back to reveal what is about to come.  Yip ... if I've had a good night's sleep I'm a morning person.  This past night the baby only work once - then again at 5.30.  So, pretty much not must point going back to sleep after that. 

I had been up to week 3-4 on the Couch to 5K program, but after hurting my back a couple of weeks ago, I gave myself some time off.  So this morning was my first morning back into it.  I started again at week two.  Wasn't too bad - well, not as bad as I anticipated.  I could feel my back a little, so I'll keep taking it slowly.  But you know what - even more than knowing I was running off the M7Ms I know I"ll scoff tonight (have to decorate a birthday cake) was the quiet time whilst listening to praise and worship music.  God and me.  Time to thank Him for the amazing blessing of living where we do (even if we're in the middle of job hunting and have no certainty as to where His next path for us is - prayer point please!).  The blessing of having been woken so that I had enough time to have this space without rushing.  The blessing of seeing and smelling His creation - that scent of the world waking up.    The blessing of knowing that when we fall down - He picks us up, stands us up, sets us on the path, and while we keep taking wobbly baby steps, He knows that we will fall again and, AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET IT IS, He picks us up again, as we do a little child - and holds us firm while we try again.

Have a blessed Tuesday peoples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...