Wednesday, 5 October 2011

My house and room

I'm thinking about what my house would look like in my head - I'd love to find and post a picture but I'm unsure of the copy-right rules. 

In my head all the rooms are sparkling (and I have a cleaner LOL) and there are nice painted boxes with baskets of unbroken toys  in the corners.  Bookshelves hold books with all the pages.  In the nursery there would be a cross between a lazy-boy and a rocking chair.  Our room might have a four-poster bed, with a table for sewing and crafting. 

I guess we all have our dreams and apirations of what our house would be like.  I was reading a thread on my bulletin board about how competitive (or not) mother-hood has become.  Sometimes via others, the media or even our own brains we feel like we're not quite making the cut when it comes to our homes or our kids or ourselves.   You know what ... we don't have to make the cut!  Motherhood - and even just being a woman is hard enough without beating yourself up about what you are and aren't doing.  I'm blessed to have friends who remind me of that, and don't mind me ringing up at the drop of a hat to have a vent.  

So ... right now ... I'm going to clean up my room, because that is good for me to do (guess if i make the kids clean their's I better do mine).  There isn't a four-poster, but there is a baby snoozing under a duvet.  There aren't co-ordinated boxes of scrapbooking supplies and sewing material, but there are empty Huggies boxes filled to the brim with stuff that needs some sorting.  You know what ... there are things that just need a good going-over.  And while it's quiet ... I'm going to attack it. 

See you later ... remember to be kind to yourself (and all things in moderation including cleaning!!)

1 comment:

Leave me a message ...