Living on a farm we have numerous fences around. This shot is of the fence around the house - the other fences are your average 8 wire fence. My kids love scaling fences - so whenever they're outside I (try) and keep and eagle eye on them. Anyway ... point of the whole thing ... I was thinking about the fences we as women put up about ourselves. I know I have some ... I get awfully defensive about a number of issues, the difference between clean and tidy for example, or the amount of time I spend on the telephone. Then I thought some more ... am I so defensive because I'm in a space where I need to address these issues ... probably. The other thing I love about this photo is the sparrows. I have a (pet??) flock of sparrows. Last count about 30. They gather together around the deck around lunchtime every day. I think they know I have kids who don't eat their crusts. And yip, I feed them every day ... I have been known to give them bread if there aren't any crusts. I love that they keep coming back, regular as clockwork. In my figuring - the Lord said we weren't to worry as he even provides for the sparrows - and He's using me to provide for them - how cool is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message ...