Wednesday, 10 August 2011
My Spaces - the Ugly, the Beautiful and the Fun
This was the sunrise this morning - stunningly beautiful. It made me stop and think that you know ... there is beauty all around us. It might now be seen in the state of my living area right now - but I was going to stop and capture it right then and there. It is amazing seeing these - and it always gives me hope that it will be a great day. And while the majority of my day today has been spent tidying messes (mostly of my own making) such as the above ... it has been a good day.
This is butter - about 100g. We get milk from a farmer from church which always comes with a good two cups of cream on the top. I rung my friend and she gave me instructions on how to make butter. I'd never done it before, so was stoked it worked out. I was glad she told me 10mins in the blender otherwise I would have given up. Good lesson in patience. Tomorrow I will attempt it with the cream from the freezer - note to self, take out of freezer tonight. I will use this in a banana cake tomorrow ... will let you know how it turns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Our living room is in the same state right now! Going to have a big tidy up tonight! awesome about the butter. A few weeks ago we had some cream left over from making steak diane. I gave it to Pete to shake up so it would be thick for chocolate cake, by the time I took it off him it had turned to butter!
ReplyDelete