Friday, 4 January 2013

At our place


With summer here, I am really enjoying our place.  Yip, we're renting, but it is an amazing wee spot.  A bit of land for our sheep - which yesterday DH took to shearing.  When a dear friend passed away, his wife gifted DH his shearing gear and a portable shearing unit.  What a blessing.  That gift has enabled DH to really start his own business - as he can take the shearing gear to lifestyle blocks and do their animals.   We are excited to see what this year will bring for our family!


The bank garden is full of weeds, think weed-eater and roundup needed but in full bloom are many agapanthus


DH crutching a ewe

View of the portable unit



Black-face (I know, original name) she is a two year old ewe with heaps of character, favorite thing for her is a slice of bread and a good scratch behind the ears



The sheep waiting in the pratley yards for their turn.

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't visited here for a week or so - the new layout is pretty! (I just have trouble reading the "learning to be comfy in my own skin" subheading). Gifted a shearing kit! What a blessing! When I grow up I want to have a lamb. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Lord has for you this year too - His mercies are new every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been to visit your blog for a week or so - the new layout is very pretty! (I have trouble reading the "comfy in my skin" subheading though). I want to have a sheep when I grow up. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Lord has for you this year too - His mercies are new every morning! Mx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...