Well, I often intentionally stack the dishes in the dishwasher to hide them, and then unintentionally forget to put it on, so the next morning fill it past full and put it on. I intentionally put a DVD on for the kids so I can get some jobs done (and/or other things). I often intentionally ring someone - just to pass the time of the day. BUT I don't often intentionally got around trying to make our home look loved. We're in a rental, and it's hard to put your own stamp on something that you don't own - well, I find anyways. However, one of my goals for this week is to intentionally make my spaces a place where I will smile.
First stop. The toilet. Everyone has to use it. With two small boys and a small girl toilet training, it can be a bit, how do you put this nicely, wet floorish at times - and smelly, despite a clean every second day and a spray and wipe numerous times a day. So, in my Pinterest browsing (oops, nearly got sucked into that vortex last week ... someone save me!!!) I read to put a drop of essential oil on the cardboard of the toilet roll and it will freshen the room up. Done, easy peasy.
Next step, found a preserving jar (called Mason Jars in the USA and on Pinterest), filled with agapanthus and greenery, some white tulle from my sewing cabinet = pretty arrangement in the window. We'll see how long it lasts ... the last vase I had in there when we first moved did a week. But, it makes me smile every time I go to the toilet, even if i'm just mopping up "I didn't make it on time." Also I've put a picture on the wall as well.
![]() |
| Pretty eh? |

Yep, I can definitely read the sub-heading now! You're pretty smart figuring out how to do it all I reckon. (I'll try not to post this twice this time... I have a bit of learning to go!) We've got heaps of agapanthus that assault our car coming up the driveway... they might be headed for the toilet tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! What a great idea!
ReplyDelete