Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Late wardrobe Wednesday

Do you ever find that you have some clothes that you just put on in the morning and they set the mood/tone of your day?  This Wednesday was an at home, cleaning and tidying day.  It was also a day where all five kids apparently needed to undo the tidying as I was doing it and that didn't help my mood very much.

In the morning I shlopped (yes, I did just invent a word) on a comfy polar fleece and my trusty Warehouse trackies/yoga pants thing (honestly, they have the best hugs supportive waistband that does wonders for sucking your tummy in a tad).  It was colder so I even dug out a pair of socks which I noticed later both had holes in the heels.  These aren't pretty clothes, they are definatly not clothes I would go out in, well, not to town.  Have worn said trackies to best friends before - think that is ok?

I got B to take a photo of me part way through the day (hence the no head).  I admit, I was frazzled, grumpy, and over tidying.  Aunt Flo visiting had alot to answer for as well.  About 4pm I went to my (ok, our) room and changed into a pretty top.  AMAZING.  Instant makeover.  Didn't get a photo, but wearing my pretty top did make me feel much happier.  Should have made the effort at 8am ... moral of the story.  Wear something nice even if you're just cleaning the loo (and shower and bathroom and toyroom and bedrooms and deck and ... well, you get the idea).



Playing along with ....


1 comment:

  1. where's your pretty top photo? glad your day improved.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...