Sunday, 14 August 2011

Menu Monday

Well, menu planning is a bit part of my life.  I'm a little weird and like to have my dinners at least organized, if not partly made by mid-day so that with four preschoolers the evening witching hours go much easier ... hence a menu plan which means I can glance at it, take meat out the night before if needed and get on with it before I wash the breakfast dishes.

 So this weeks menu - somewhat dependent on the specials that were on last grocery shop, but otherwise on what meat is in the freezer.  No deer have leapt into the path of my DH's gun, so it's Pak and Save meat specials at the moment.  We aim for one meatless meal a week.  I also try and do one or two meals that I know will last two nights, so that it makes the next day easier - or if it's my town day, the homecoming less hectic.

Monday: Fish Curry on Rice - veges Peas/Mushrooms in the curry
Tuesday: Mince Pasta - Mixed Veges ... also make Shepherd's Pie for next day with other half of mince mix - freeze
Wednesday: Town day ... Fresh fish and oven chips - I grab the fish from the local fish dealer when I'm in town
Thursday: Vege Quiche with Coleslaw
Friday: Shepherd's Pie from earlier in the week - make meatball soup for Sat lunch and Sunday
Saturday: Fish Cakes with Veges (not sure yet which ones - will see what's left in the fridge, otherwise mixed veges)
Sunday: Meatball Soup

So that's my week ...
Feel free to link to your own menu plan and play along ... perhaps I'll find some new ideas for next week and you will too.














3 comments:

  1. Dinner at your house sounds so good this week! Never tried meatball soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatball soup - Basically big pot ... toss in one chopped onion, 2-3 diced carrots, 3 chopped celery sticks (and leaves) 4 bay leaves, salt, pepper, 3 heaped tsps beef stock, about 8-10 cups water. Boil together for about 1/2 hour ... add in 1/2 jar tomato pasta sauce and drop in meatballs (made from 300grams mince mixed with some curry powder roll to size of large marble). Don't stir for 10 mins. Allow to cook for another 1/2 hour. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ... and the snow has totally changed my plans ... tonight is going to be sweet and sour meatballs with rice since I may not get into town for another few days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ...