Friday, 26 July 2013

Fellowship Friday

I'm lucky that I can still do this, even though it is Saturday morning on this side of the world.

It has been school holidays here - for the past two weeks I've been blessed to have my big boy home with his younger siblings. After a trip into town with a sick baby last week Tuesday - I've actually stayed away from town for nearly two weeks. Let me tell you - what a blessing! And that isn't by my strength. Usually I'm straining at the bit to get away and have some space, to buy, consume and blob in town. I love exploring the op-shops, slowly doing the groceries and catching up with friends. BUT ... it has been amazing just being at home and allowing God to work in me and be at rest where I am. We have had absolutely amazing weather for this time of year - it feels more like spring than the middle of winter. This week we have taken a lunch-time trip to the beach (15 minutes away) and also had a trip to the school playground for the past three afternoons (2 min drive away). I love that we've been able to get out and do things just around here.

If I look at where I am at, there are still things I don't like about where we are at - but aren't we all a work in progress. God is redeeming the time!! I have been able to get on top of some extra (well, not extra, needed to be done really) jobs. Not going into town has meant I have had time to just relax into some more routines. While I am looking forward to school starting again (I'm really not the home-school type and find teaching little ones very hard and trying to my patience), it is also hard as it will be my last term with my next boy at home with me as he starts school in the fourth term. I think I am more concerned about him starting than I was his big brother. He's just got a different personality - but we'll work towards it.

 So thankful for these sunny holidays. So thankful for amazing everyday blessings. Thankful for cupboards that are being emptied (eat the pantry clean week) and a sparkling fridge (one of those extra jobs). Right ... I have a load of sheets in the machine and four little people to get into play clothes. Blessings everyone!

 Ps ... if you're into an amazing birth story check out the link to the blog Talia Christine on my side-bar .... turned me to total mush within two seconds. Amazing lady!!

 Fellowship Friday (link not playing ball today - my bad not the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...