I am not going to lie to you. Right now there is some stuff happening in my life that I am struggling with, but with support it is getting easier. Dear friends who care amazingly for our family gave me a DVD to watch those week and I watched it last night while folding this wash. One thing really struck me and that was the lies that we let ourselves believe, voices in our head that we start speaking out and taking for a truth, and slowly but surely they eat away at us. Today I want to refute those voices and speak God's peace and authority over my life and join with me and do the same in yours. I was reading this morning (thank you technology) and had two translations beside each other.
Psalm 120:1,2 I'm in trouble, I cry to God, desperate for an answer. Deliver me from the liars God, they smile so sweetly but lie through their teeth. (The message version)
I didn't have to read past verse one and two this morning for God to speak to me. Here I am desperately craving for peace and answers right now, a solution right now. I know I am in trouble, I cannot solve this on my own. All the lies do seems sweet, they tell me what I want to hear, but it is empty. Really the only thing that can help is this. God and his peace and protection over my life and family.
Psalm 121:7,8
GOD guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always. (The Message version)
GOD guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always. (The Message version)
I think these two psalms must have been in some way connected, first the speaker is crying out from the depths of his soul then the answer came, the rest aNd reassurances he needed. For me personally m to tell the honest truth, it has been too long since I have opened the WORD and let it soak m mind amid calm my fears. I have trained ago make things work on my own, but they haven't. I have leaned on everyone else but God. Yes, prayers of desperation, prayers of I don't get it, why?.... What now? Then .... Nothing it seemed.
Today, and tomorrow and hopefully the days after that I, not through my strength, but with amazing grace - I want to listen for the true voices of the Holy Spirit as he speaks to me throughout the WORD. Maybe I'll get a chance to share this journey with you more - right now, baby is awake.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message ...