Thursday, 23 May 2013

After the rain

I'm feeling refreshed - it's amazing how much even an hour of rest can do.  We are blest to have some home-help one day a week, and today instead of rushing about doing my jobs or going into town to do things, I'm taking it quiet.  The nanny has taken the big kids to the beach for morning tea, so when the baby went to bed, so did I.  I slept for just under an hour and it was amazing!! 

I'm excited as we're having a guest for dinner, so I'm going to make a nice dessert to go with roast lamb (the staple at our house).  This afternoon the plan is to still take it easy - but just do a general house clean up - and if I'm really lucky, get some sewing done.  Told you I was going to do something just for me .... You see, I'm kinda like a catcus I think.  If I don't get some rain (or some sleep/quiet time) I get really realy dry and prickly and then I'm poking out at all the people I love the most.  The thing is, usually I know I'm pokey and dry and parched, but try to keep on being super-catcus who can survive through it all.  Nope - you gotta stop.  Stop and enjoy the rain (rest/you-time).  Even if it might only be five minutes with no-one banging on the toilet door - savor it.  Then we can look up and about and spy the rainbows, soak up the weet-bix covered faces, cheerfully clean up the fourth spilled thing and get on with it ...

Off to spy some more rainbows before the big kids get back (and I will mop the floor while they're gone as then it can dry before they're back :-) )

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ...