At times I feel like I am odd. I generally like and enjoy a Monday. This Monday however started with a large rodent showing its face in my kitchen. The morning was then spent getting bait stations set up - along with traps that are effective and child-friendly. I am still really petrified of the thing, but hopefully, with these measures in place it will be where it should be - and fast.
Mornings are pretty busy at our place and start early - usually around 5.30 on a good morning at the moment. I'm ok with that - generally it helps me to get a cup of milo in before starting on the breakfast run. Currently on weekdays we have porridge and weekends the kids get to choose something else. Personally porridge isn't my favorite, but I'm yet to find something else that fills everyone up and everyone (including the baby) can eat. Porridge can be made, cools down enough for the little ones and a big bowl keeps DH going till morning tea time. If you have any other ideas - I'd like to hear of them. I have seven to feed :-)
DH gets off to work by 7.15 most mornings, 8am at the latest at the moment. The big boy needs to be ready around 8.30 - so there is usually some down time for him between eating breakfast and the school bus. Often if he's had early breakfast (pre-7am) he'll be asking for something to eat just before he leaves. Currently I'm giving him a muffin or some toast.
Other morning stuff is load the dishwasher, make the bread buns, and the biggest jobs seems to bed getting the kids dressed. Still working on a better system of that though. Mr. 4.5 isn't keen on doing it himself, and I'm aware with school looming he needs help with confidence to learn.
Baby and Mr.2 go back to bed around 9.30ish ... otherwise we end up with a snooze in the highchair at 11.30 :-)
All in all - mornings are busy, but they usually set us up for a good day. And tomorrow ... well, that will come soon enough - so I better go and get some shut eye.
If you're wondering about the 30 day shred - well, the past two days I've attempted it and done it as long as the kids have been happy with me doing it. I realise now, it isn't going to as easy as saying "hey, lets slot this into my life as well" - we can try to juggle the balls, but if one has to drop - this one is the first at the moment. It has made me aware of some really easy exercises (such as starjumps) that I can do when I have moments that I think of doing them, or when we're goofing off outside. Oh - and the punch squats - I like doing them!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message ...